The Engineer I position is responsible to support the Engineering department through electrical engineering of assemblies, components, and test equipment of aerospace restraint systems. The Engineer I Coordinates with company personnel, customers, and outside sales representatives to ensure compliance with the regulations and customer requirements for aviation inflatable restraint systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates new designs and modifies existing products based on specifications coordinated with engineering, customers, and/or the sales department.
- Functions as the technical point of contact for national (commercial/government) and international customers
- Provides engineering design support to generate preliminary design concepts, associated technical descriptions, nonrecurring/recurring cost estimates, and task scheduling for program proposals
- Interpret, select, and apply commercial/military specifications and customer requirements to hardware and processes to accomplish specific design requirements
- Supply hands-on engineering support for component fabrication and assembly of prototype, testing, and production hardware to resolve design, manufacturing, assembly, quality, and performance issues
- Advise engineering of any problems that arise during execution of design that might impair schedules or technical quality of end item.
- Review issues pertinent to product function, safety and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment.
- Proficient with DO-160 requirements.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
Applicable Electrical Capabilities
- Digital / analog circuit design
- Development with microcontrollers
- Familiar with aircraft electrical systems / electrical interface
- Product documentation; create, assist, and/or review
- Component and assembly drawings
- Product specifications
- Test plans and reports
- Instruction manuals
- Hands on capability, troubleshooting
- Able to identify hardware modifications
- Supports DO-160 certification testing
- Problem solving/analysis
- Results driven
- Communication proficiency
- Time management and able to meet scheduled deadlines
- Technical capacity
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position may require person to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours, constantly performing repetitive motions to use a personal computer and other office equipment, as well as walking around an office and industrial environments on a frequent basis. Industrial environments are subject to changes in noise, temperature, etc. Position is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the position may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees may be required to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose while interacting with others according company guidelines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salaried, exempt from overtime, full-time position. Regularly work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Workdays are Monday through Friday. Start times may vary; however, all engineering employees are expected to be present during “core” hours defined as; between 9 AM and 3:30 PM.
Some domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering (as applicable) from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with aerospace and FAA requirements
AmSafe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate in employment because of a person’s race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, marital status, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran’s status, gender identity, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals. AmSafe reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying the position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” Candidate must be authorized to work in the US. To conform to US export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the US Government.