The Certification Manager provides certification, technical and program management leadership and coordination with regulatory authorities (FAA, EASA, CAA, JCAB, etc.), department and company personnel, customers, and outside sales representatives to ensure compliance with the regulations and customer requirements for aviation restraint systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates commitment to company values and shares the organizational commitment to assuring quality products and processes.
- Supports the business management system, quality, and regulatory authority standards.
- Serves as the primary technical and program management interface between technical staff (product design and development, testing, certification, configuration management and manufacturing) and customers (certification authorities, airframe manufacturers, operators and aircraft seat manufacturers).
- Serves as the interface between the certification activities / projects with the company. This includes clear, frequent, and organized communications.
- Manages the certification department. Supervises (including performance reviews) of certification engineers, analysts, contract support, and/or consultants for accomplishing the certification work.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly group / departmental reports / updates.
- Determination and evaluation of restraint system certification requirements for customer, seat OEM’s and aircraft OEM’s.
- Establishes and maintains significant up-to-date knowledge of relevant FAA and other regulations as they pertain to certification activities.
- Coordinates with technical staff during product development and improvement, and manages / conducts developmental engineering tests.
- Reviews / approves, creates overall project plans, program certification plans /reports and schedules.
- Represents and interfaces between company and regulatory authorities (FAA, EASA, CAA, JCAB, etc.).
- Participates with technical staff to analyze functional requirements of design and conceive solutions to certification problems.
- Assists in investigating solutions to product problems of function, design, and manufacture.
- Advises technical staff of any problems that arise during execution of certification that might impair schedules or technical quality of end item.
- Reviews issues pertinent to product function, safety and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management and able to meet scheduled deadlines
- Direct experience defining a test program, writing test plans/reports and administering testing for the environmental qualification of aircraft components/systems as governed by DO-160.
- Understanding of the process for the application and maintenance of TSO C22g and C114 certification approvals.
- Understanding of the process for the application and maintenance of TSO C127a certification approval.
- Understanding of the certification process and requirements of FAA 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Parts 21, 23 and 25 is a plus.
Certification Department consisting of certification engineer(s) and technical writer(s).
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position may require person to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours, constantly performing repetitive motions to use a personal computer and other office equipment, as well as walking around an office and industrial environments on a frequent basis. Industrial environments are subject to changes in noise, temperature, etc. Position is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the position may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Regularly work an excess of 40 hours per week.
Domestic and international travel is expected for this position. Ability to perform physical activities related to various modes of travel of 10-30%.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Sciences Degree
- Minimum of five plus years of related work experience.
- Must have experience in an engineering / technical environment, component / system integration, and experience in aircraft system certification (FAA TSOA, CFR, STC, TC, PMA, EASA CRI, FAA Special Conditions and TC Modification processes and related regulatory approval processes) and working knowledge of 14 CFR Parts 21, 23 and 25 with the associated FAA Advisory material, policies and orders.
AmSafe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate in employment because of a person’s race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, marital status, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran’s status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals. AmSafe reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying the position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”