AmSafe manufactures standard restraint systems as well as supplemental occupant protection systems. This position will be responsible for supporting the full certification process, which includes defining requirements, executing programs, communicating and coordinating compliance with engineering representatives internal and external to AmSafe.
- Review, define, document and manage DO-160 environmental qualification test programs for supplemental occupant protection systems and any new AmSafe products.
- Coordinate with AmSafe engineering during the product life cycle to assure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Support all required activities to create, submit and maintain Technical Standard Order (TSO) and Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approvals.
- Support all required activities to create, submit and maintain Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) by test and computation or identicality.
- Review and approve engineering drawings and documents considering compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Participate in industry, customer and regulatory authority meetings as assigned by management.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with our key customers and regulatory focals.
- Must be able to clearly communicate requirements, formulate an approach and effectively work with all parties involved to reach a workable solution within the framework of the related regulatory requirements to achieve a common goal.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and priorities.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exhibit exceptional integrity.
- Support/execute any other projects as directed by the certification manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in engineering with a minimum of 2-7 years related aerospace certification experience.
- Should have direct experience defining a test program, writing test plans/reports and administering testing for the environmental qualification of aircraft components/systems as governed by DO-160.
- Should have a general understanding of the process for the application and maintenance of TSO C22g and C114 certification approvals.
- Should have a general understanding of the process for the application and maintenance of TSO C127a certification approval.
- General understanding of the certification process and requirements of FAA 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Parts 21, 23 and 25 is a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with Autodesk PLM 360 a plus.
Moderate travel may be required to support various industry, customer or regulatory authority meetings.
AmSafe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate in employment because of a person’s race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, marital status, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran’s status, gender identity, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals. AmSafe reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying the position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US. To conform to US export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the US Government.