Every time you fly, chances are you buckle up with AmSafe®. Now, the world’s leading seatbelt has gotten lighter-nearly twenty-five percent lighter than our traditional seatbelt.
The new lightweight seatbelt has the same patented performance qualities you have come to expect from AmSafe restraints. It has the same attach points as the conventional AmSafe seatbelt and can be retrofitted on both premium and economy seats.
Using high-performance materials and design techniques, AmSafe has developed a passenger seatbelt that can provide a significant weight savings when used throughout an airline’s fleet.
The lightweight seatbelt incorporates an enhanced version of our traditional teardrop buckle design. The new ergonomic style of the AmSafe buckle is nicely suited for the modern seats and interiors of new aircraft and meets the state-of-the-art standards of 16g compliance. The new seatbelt features include the following:
- Lighter in weight as compared to a standard aviation seatbelt
- Ergonomic clam-shell buckle design
- Ninety-degree buckle release
- Available in polyester-webbing with over 100 color options
- Suited for retrofit with existing attach points
- Accommodates both premium and economy seats
- Available with custom finishes, plating and logos
- Rated strength up to 3,000 lbs
- Meets TSO C22g requirements